Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is Halloween!

In honor of Halloween and the numerous spooks and spirits that roam the land during this frightful month, I thought it would be fun to post a few creepy experiences and tales of the macabre that have occurred recently. I will be posting the stories throughout the rest of the month so stay tuned and Enjoy! (Make sure your speakers are on to appreciate the full effect)

The Last Apartment: Part I

So, some of you might know this already but for those that don't I will fill you in quickly. Michelle, Cash, and I currently live in an abandoned apartment complex. We live in the only finished apartment and I act as a caretaker/security detail to dissuade any ne'er-do-wells from vandalizing the premises. As part of my duties, I walk the grounds every morning and night to make sure doors are locked, no trespassers are around, etc. This story happened on one of those nights.

It was dark out and I was making my rounds, making sure everything was as it should be. As I came to the final building in the apartment complex, I noticed something odd about the apartment on the farthest side of the property...there was a light on in the bathroom (I could see this through the window). I checked the door to the apartment and found it unlocked. This was a little unnerving since it was dark out and there was a very good possibility that a transient had decided to squat in this apartment for the night.

Mustering my courage, I pushed the door open and called out to see if anybody was inside the apartment. I heard no answer or any other indication that a person was inside so I entered and slowly made my way into the bathroom (which was the master bathroom off the main bedroom in the back of the apartment). I reached the bathroom and switched the light off after making sure nobody was in there. As soon as the light was out, I heard a noise behind me and spun around to see the bedroom door slowly shutting by its own accord. I instantly froze not knowing what to think as the door closed itself completely. I saw and heard the click of the door's mechanism as it was "pulled" shut.

With the door shut and my blood pounding in my skull, I stood in the center of the bedroom with my flashlight for a good 5 minutes trying to work up the courage to cross the few feet seperating myself from the doorway so I could get out of that apartment. Finally I made up my mind and I crossed the room, grabbed the doorknob and twisted it open, stepped quickly into the hallway and made a dash for the front door feeling for sure that something was following me all the way out into the cold, dark night.

Once outside, I was able to breath again as a realized that I had been holding my breath. I locked the door and went inside my own apartment for the night after making sure the doors were locked behind me and all the windows were closed tight!

The Last Apartment: Part II

The following night, I was again making my rounds and again I approached the last apartment to once again find another light on inside. This time it was the hallway light. I checked the front door and it was still locked just as I had left it the previous night. I found the key to the apartment and opened it slowly, again calling out to ensure the place was indeed empty and void of any human presence. There was no response. Luckily, I didn't have to traverse the deeper rooms of the apartment as the switch for the hallway light was close to the front door. I flipped the switch and exited the apartment, locking the door behind me. Since that night, the light has remained off, but I still get a weird feeling when I walk past the door to the last apartment.

As a side note to this story, Kota (our dog) does not enter this particular apartment with me. He has no qualms about entering any of the other apartments, but as for the last apartment. He stops at the door and waits for me to come back...creepy.

Comments are welcome and appreciated for this post.

4 comments:

  1. I am officially spooked! Nice work, Colt. Keep the stories coming, but don't die, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy! I love those stories and I like the silent hill music and background, much spookier than Lisa's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok! you win for the spookiest blog and Michael I can see what you wrote!!!! This is a creepy blog post- I love it!!!! I like your music and back ground. You are a creepy caretaker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah Lisa! A creepy caretaker eh? Lisa your blog is just more crafty where me and Colt's are scary!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones